Amazon release a important software update for Kindle Keyboard. After you apply this update your Kindle software will be version 3.3.
The update is installed automatically when you will connect the Kindle to Wi-FI.
To check if your Kindle is already updated to 3.3 select Menu (as you are in from Home window), then Settings. Your Kindle Keyboard serial number is visible at the bottom of the Settings Screen.
If you cannot access any WiFi you can download the Kindle update to your computer and install it by USB port. After you check the software version there are few easy steps to do:
1. Download the Kindle Keyboard update and please pay attention to your Kindle version as there are different software for each (for Kindle Keyboard WiFi download here, for Kindle Keyboard 3G – U.S. and Canadian Customers download here, for Kindle Keyboard European Customers download here)
2. Connect your Kindle Keyboard to your computer by USB port and copy the new update file from your computer to the root Kindle drive.
3. After the transfer is complete disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle Keyboard and your computer.
4. Go to the Home screen, press the Menu key, and select “Settings.” Press the Menu key again, and then select “Update Your Kindle.” Select “Ok” when prompted if you want to perform an update.
5. Your Kindle Keyboard will automatically restart a second time. When you go to the Settings page, you should notice Version: Kindle 3.3 at the bottom of the screen. Once you see this, you know your update is complete.
Some of the features included in this update are:
Download your archived Personal Documents on Kindle Keyboard: You can now view and download your archived personal documents to your Kindle Keyboard conveniently anywhere at any time. Your personal documents will be stored in your Kindle library until you delete them from Manage Your Kindle.
Whispersync for Personal Documents on Kindle Keyboard: Just as with Kindle books, Whispersync automatically synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks and annotations for personal documents (with the exception of PDFs) across the Kindle devices.
AmazonLocal deals on Kindle Keyboard with Special Offers: Kindle Keyboard with Special Offers users in many regions can now view,purchase, and redeem AmazonLocal deals directly from Kindle Keyboard — no computer, no printer, no hassle. AmazonLocal offers savings up to 75% off products and services from businesses in your city, national chains and online merchants.
Voice Guide Shortcut: Kindle Keyboard users can now quickly turn the Voice Guide feature on and off by holding the Shift key and pressing Spacebar. Voice Guide reads aloud menu options, content listings and item descriptions.